At France Active, we facilitate business creation by helping entrepreneurs make their projects feasible and secure and by financing start-up.
Who is it aimed at?
This pact is for entrepreneurs and those acquiring existing businesses who show social awareness in various ways.
- These include creating their own employment;
- setting up their companies in vulnerable regions, such as rural areas or disadvantaged neighbourhoods;
- seeking a positive social or environmental impact;
- and integrating community involvement into their structure (for example, an NGO or a cooperative); or generating one or more jobs.
What needs does it meet?
The Creation Pact allows each entrepreneur to :
- challenge their project and business model;
- closely evaluate their financing needs and obtain the most appropriate resources;
- get in contact with partners that could be helpful to their project.
Taking stock to take things further
The France Active adviser offers the entrepreneur :
- a complete inventory of the project, including economic, financial and organisational aspects ;
- assessment of the business model, highlighting strengths and points to watch out for ;
- evaluation of financing requirements, for example related to material investments, the purchase of business assets, and start-up cash flow ;
- a financing strategy tailored to the project and the entrepreneur’s situation ;
- a better understanding of bank’s expectations and help with securing their support.
Finding funding to start out right
The adviser helps the entrepreneur put together their financing plan, combining solutions proposed by France Active and other finance-providers, including their bank. Example solutions :
- Guaranteeing bank loans. Covering up to 80% of the loan should a company default on payments, the guarantee gives the bank security and limits or eliminates the need for a personal guarantee. As a result, the entrepreneur is better protected. France Active guarantees can cover up to €50,000 of the loan, and up to €100,000 for certain projects where an existing business is being purchased.
- Medium-term loans can be used to cover the entrepreneur’s investments and working capital requirements.
Reinforced financing solutions are offered to certain business creators, such as women, young people, entrepreneurs in certain rural areas, SSE entrepreneurs, social start-ups.
A supportive and useful network
The France Active adviser can also point the entrepreneur towards relevant actors in their area who can help get their project off the ground, such as banks, local authorities and entrepreneur groups.